- About Classic Education
- Services We Offer
- Professional Accreditation
- How to Find Us
- Teachers Guide
- Professional Development
- Overseas Teachers
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Media Library
- My Account
- Submit an Application
- View Jobs Available
- Download a Timesheet
- Services We Offer
- Media Library
- My Account
- Register and submit vacancies
- You must register to submit vacancies and search for teachers.
Following Your Registration
Immediately after your registration, you will be assigned a consultant that is dedicated to working on your behalf to offer you work within your remit.
- Firstly, however, the consultant will carry out all necessary vetting procedures. Once this has been completed, they will contact you and advise you that your file has been completed and take advice from you regarding your availability for work.
- You will then be sent a letter welcoming you to Classic Education along with some additional timesheets, a photographic Identification Card which verifies the vetting that has been completed. This card is for you to keep and produce when attending assignments.
- Now that we are aware of your availability to accept work, your consultant will select suitable assignments for you. These could either be in advance of the date you will be required to cover for or on the same day of the assignment.
Once suitable assignments have been sourced for you, it is your choice whether to accept the work. Should you choose to accept the assignment you will be given all the relevant information. This will include;
- Date of the assignment
- Name, address and postcode of the school
- Directions to the school (this can be gained from our website under schools directory)
- Contact person at the school to report to
- Start and finish time of school
- Age group(s)/subject area to be covered
- Any other relevant information on the school i.e. parking restrictions etc.
Once you have accepted an assignment – you will need to honour this booking unless you are unwell. If this is the case, you will need to notify us on 01474 359333 no later than 7 a.m. on the date of the assignment or the evening before on our ‘out of hours service’ on the same telephone number. E Mails are not read until later in the day, and therefore, it is important that you telephone us to advise us that you are unable to attend your assignment.
Arriving At School
- If you are given enough notice, we expect you to arrive at school no later than 8.30 a.m. However, some schools do start earlier and therefore, should you be expected to arrive earlier, we will advise you of this.
- If you are accepting an emergency assignment (i.e. on the same day) we will agree with you and the school a time of arrival.
- Always ensure that you are carrying a copy of your CRB check and your identification card that has been issued to you and some lesson plans to be used if needed.
- You will be required to ALWAYS sign in at reception – due to fire regulations.
- Work will normally be set for you by the school – but always be prepared.
General Daily Expectations
- Never leave the classroom unattended when you have pupils with you.
- Ensure that you get actively involved with the teaching.
- Remember the ‘No Touch’ policy – for your safety as well as for the children’s.
- Adhere to the schools discipline policy.
- Remember – the children in your care – are YOUR responsibility.
At The End Of The Day
- If you are working in a Primary School – you MUST ensure that the children leave the school with the CORRECT person. If in doubt – ensure you ASK.
- Leave classroom neat and tidy.
- Primary teachers are expected to fully mark all work that they have delivered that day – no matter what classes the children may be in.
- Complete and leave a daily feedback sheet in order for the class teacher to see the happenings of the day.
- Report any incidents or complaints to a senior member of staff and a member of Classic Education.
- Do not leave the school until you have got your timesheet authorized.
- Sign out – for fire regulations!
Registration check list.
Please remember to ensure that we can fully vet your file as quickly as possible, you will need to submit the following appropriate documents to us on registration.
- Original Teaching Certificate (Degree and Post Graduate Certificates) and QTS Confirmation
- UK Naric Letter – for overseas qualifications
- DfEE Number and Letter
- National Insurance Number
- Bank Account Details
- General Teaching Council Registration Confirmation
- CRB Enhanced Clearance if dated within the last 6 months or cheque for £44.00 (made payable to “Classic Education”)
- Photographic Identification (Passport, essential for non – UK Nationals, or a Driving License)
- Work Permit/Visa Documentation
- Birth Certificate and Utility Bill (for proof of address)
- 2 Passport Sized Photographs
- Names, Addresses and Contact Telephone Numbers of 2 Professional Teaching Referees
- Curriculum Vitae
All of these documents will be necessary and without them, it will delay the completion of your file and the delay in work being offered to you.