Graduate Teaching Assistant
Opportunities in Medway and Maidstone Schools
Required to start ASAP
Daily Supply / Long Term contract
Are you a graduate who wants to become a teacher and needs classroom experience before applying on a PGCE course?
Looking to build a career in teaching and make a real difference every day?
Can you commit to a full-time Teaching Assistant position?
Classic Education are looking to recruit strong, confident Graduate Teaching Assistants to start ASAP on a full time basis.
We have a range of schools across Medway and Maidstone who work closely with Classic Education to take on a number of enthusiastic graduates into these Teaching Assistant positions - the schools embrace the idea of taking on keen individuals, enthusiastic about working with young people and venturing forth into teaching.
Successful candidates will start ASAP and work through to the end of the school year, with the potential of this being extended and becoming a permanent member of staff.
You will be supporting pupils in the classroom, guiding and helping them to make good progress in key areas of KS1 or 2 curriculum. Being adaptable and willing to take on all challenges is essential, as you will be supporting students in small groups, or on a one to one level. If you have had previous experience of supporting children with SEND - particularly children with ASD, then this would hugely beneficial.
As a Teaching Assistant your responsibilities will be:
* To provide continued support for the teacher within a chosen classroom
* To carry out one to one and/or small group work with students
* Providing tuition and booster sessions with pupils working at a lower ability or on the Special Educational Needs register
* Reading sessions and providing numeracy and literacy support
* Have either a Degree or Masters
* Experience on your CV where you have worked with students in some capacity (ie Youth Work/ Teaching Assistant/ University Ambassador/ Graduate Tutor, etc).
* Passionate about working in a school
* Be ambitious with a strong yet also outgoing and warm personality
* Imperative that you are flexible and adaptable
If you are interested in applying for this Graduate Teaching Assistant position, then email your CV to Anita Holman, or call the office on 01474 359 333.