SEND Teaching Assistant - Medway
Start: September 2022
An Ofsted rated 'Good' Primary School in Medway are looking for a confident and experienced SEND TA, to work 1:1 with a Non-verbal Foundation stage child with ASD.
The ideal candidate will be patient and adaptable and have prior experience of supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour.
The school environment is really positive, and they believe in success for every child regardless of starting point. They also have a long standing 'Good' Ofsted report and a low staff turnaround.
* Experience of working with children with SEND (challenging behaviour experience is desirable)
* A can do attitude and a willingness to help in other areas of the classroom
* The ability to use initiative and work well under pressure
* The ability to communicate effectively with the children and other staff members
* Any of the following would be useful - Team Teach, ABA, PECS
* 'Good' two form entry Primary School
* Faversham location
* Supportive SLT and regular CPD
* Full time, long term role for the full academic year
* 08:30 - 3:30
* £70 - £75 per day PAYE
* GCSE Maths & English (A*- C)
* Proven experience working within SEND classroom
* Successful track record of improving pupils performance
* Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
* Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police check
If you are interested in applying for this Teaching Assistant position, then email your CV or call Classic Education today on 01474 359 333