Security and Vetting
Classic Education realise that vetting and security is incredibly important in education, which is why we go above and beyond DfE guidelines so that you can be 100% confident that all applicants have been cleared for work using the most stringent vetting procedures in the education recruitment industry, meaning you can be assured you comply with your legal obligations for Safer Recruitment in Education.
You can be assured that our vetting procedures are always followed and that for all applicants we will hold;
- Teaching Qualification – if applicable (this will be verified by DfE/QTLS check or UK NARIC if the qualification was awarded overseas)
- Valid Photographic ID
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK (UK/EU Passport or current visa)
- Skills Based Interview
- Professional References (covering the last 2 years and most recent employer)
- Current DBS Certificate (Including Online Status Check)
- Barred List Check (formerly List99)
- Medical Declaration
- Overseas Police Checks – if applicable
- Current CV (covering last 10 years employment history)
In the event of an incident involving a candidate supplied by Classic Education, we will follow DfE Incident Reporting Guidelines. We will also provide all relevant documentation required, and attend subsequent meetings or hearings as requested.